The Keene Store opened at the intersection of K-4 Highway and Bradford Road in 1874. Notice in this view that when this photo was taken the store was two stories and had full storefront on the east side of the building as well as the north side. An early blacksmith shop is visible at the right. When this photo was taken, the road was still mud and the store had no gas pumps. Photo Courtesy Ida Thomas.
Leave a Reply