The Farmers National Bank was formed in 1913, acquiring the assets of the Commercial National Bank, located directly across the street. The new bank operated in this building, located at 227 Missouri Street in Alma, until its closing in 1932 when the Farmers bank became part of the 1st National Bank of Alma. In this 1920s view, cattle and a single horse are being driven down Missouri Street. Otto Meyer constructed this building in 1906 on the site of the first courthouse in Alma. Meyer’s brother, Dr. A.A. Meyer operated a drug store and offices in the south half of the building when this photo was taken.
Leave a Reply