This Brandt Hotel opened on December 13, 1887 as the largest and finest hotel in Alma. The proprietor, Joseph Brandt, had formerly operated the Western Star Hotel, located in the 200 block of Missouri, and he operated the Brandt hotel until 1896 when he sold the hotel to Jacob Horne. The Horne family operated the hotel for almost 35 years. In the 1930s and 40s the hotel was owned by Clarence Gnadt. Today, the hotel is owned by George Terbovich. In this real photo postcard, circa 1908, rows of trees protect the building from the afternoon sun.
Leave a Reply